Our counselors use a variety of modalities/ techniques to assist people in dealing with issues, such as relationships, identity, anxiety, stress, depression, life transitions, traumatic events and living with illness.
Counseling is client-centered, non-judgmental, compassionate, respectful, and confidential. It is an approach designed to nurture and support client growth, and to connect mind, body and spirit.
A counselor helps someone make sense of their experience and open up possibilities for positive change by:
- Defining issues and gathering relevant facts
- Defining what is important
- Defining what to do next
- Encouraging expression of feelings and needs
- Tapping into a client’s strengths and resources
- Examining unhelpful habits, coping methods, self-defeating beliefs, values and attitudes
- Exploring alternative points of view
- Considering how their behaviour and emotional reactions affect others and themselves
- Making decisions based on what is learned