The BC Compassion Club Society is a consensus-run, not-for-profit organization that meets the holistic healing needs of a large and growing community. As part of our services we operate a Wellness Centre and are looking for herbal apothecary relief.
The position is relief/on call, likely about 1 shift per week in the summer and 1-3 shifts per month following. Flexible availability during the summer is a requirement. Starting wage is $16 per hour.
Job start date is June 26th 2017
Applications are due on May 26th 2017
- Dispensing herbal formulas including tincture blends, teas, oils, and flower essences
- Quality control (including batch tracking)
- Maintaining apothecary supplies including refilling, ordering, and recording inventory of herbs, supplements and supplies
- Receiving and invoicing herbs from suppliers
- Maintaining apothecary cleanliness (including washing glassware, dusting, etc)
- Making herbal capsules
- Clinical Herbalist training and/or experience
- Experience dispensing herbal formulas in a busy apothecary
- Available on short notice; flexible schedule
- Working knowledge of European herbs and their material medica
- Working knowledge of plants indigenous to and introduced to this area and their material medica
If you are interested in the position, please email Maryann Abbs for the application: email@example.com
Submit a cover letter, resume and job application via email by Tuesday May 26, 2017.
The BCCCS honours diversity in both its membership and staff and always encourages/prioritizes applications from First Nations, people of colour, people of all genders and sexual orientations.