The BCCCS has published several statements calling for the legalization and regulation of medical cannabis under the dispensary model. Some of these can be accessed below.
Submission to the City of Vancouver on the Proposed Regulation of Retail Dealers – Medical Marijuana-Related Uses, written by our founder Hilary Black
Our 2003 Recommendations to Health Canada Regarding the Medical Marijuana Access Regulations (MMAR), co-authored with VICS.
While any help we can get with the provision of our services is greatly appreciated, we also need help changing the context in which we provide our services: namely cannabis prohibition and societal ignorance, stigma and discrimination.
You can support us by getting politically active and helping to change drug policy nationally and provincially.
- Invite us to do a presentation for your healthcare organization or community group
- Write letters and phone your elected government officials at all levels of government about medical cannabis and related issues
- Vote in elections for candidates that support cannabis legalization and regulation, and that address any other concerns you have
- Write letters to the newspapers, and phone into radio shows
- Support your family, friends, co-workers and neighbours in their therapeutic use of cannabis – if they are facing discrimination, stand up for them
- Educate yourselves and the people around you about the safe and effective use of cannabis as a medicine